Tuesday, July 23, 2013

COOKIES!!!

Yesterday I baked/cooked, from noon till dinner, in the summertime, in Texas...why??? Because I'm crazy, that's why!! No, actually, I had a very good reason...buuut it's not why you guys clicked on a link titled "COOKIES", so I'll get right to the good stuff!!! 

Sorry in advance for the lack of pictures, I didn't think to blog these until afterwards...but I just couldn't not share these!! (yes, I used a double negative, they're that good!)

First, I made a batch of good, ol' fashioned, Nestle chocolate chip cookies...they're always a hit! I just used the recipe on the back of the bag of chocolate chips...easy peasy! 

Next, I made a batch of...ready for this? Oatmeal Craisin White Chocolate Chip cookies!! 


 On the back of one of these babies is a recipe I found a couple years ago...now I get to share it!




The Ingredients
2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1.5 cups old-fashioned oats
1.5 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup Craisins Dried Cranberries (you could use any dried fruit really)
2/3 cup white chocolate chunks or chips

The Instructions

Preheat oven to 375*.  Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, mixing well.  In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.  Mix into butter mixture.  Stir in craisins and white chocolate chunks.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.

These come out chunk and puffy, because they are filled with so much stuff! They are delicious...and, obviously very nutritious because of the oatmeal...Enjoy!!


The last batch I made were cookies I found from Pinterest awhile back...


**NOT my picture...it's the picture from the website where
I got this delicious recipe..there's a reason it was winner of
whatever contest this website was holding!!
LEMON CRINKLE COOKIES!!! If you like lemon stuff...these cookies are a must make!! You can of course get the recipe from the website I linked above, but I'll write it here for you too.

The Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 whole egg

1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoons baking soda
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar


The Instructions

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease light colored baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. (I just put tin foil on a baking sheet and sprayed that down.)

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar.  Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet.

Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte (not melty or shiny). Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.


Pure yumminess!!! 

Tomorrow (or whenever I get a chance to get back on the computer) 
I will give you the recipe for the muffins I made this morning...
Zucchini Chocolate Chip 
(don't let the fact that there's a vegetable in there psych you out...
these muffins are deeeeeelicious!!).  
I'm also making bubblegum cupcakes for Selah tomorrow for her birthday...
so if those turn out successful I will post that as well!  
Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment