Tuesday, September 10, 2013

First Day of PreK

Selah is at school right now on her very first day of preschool!!

SHE WAS SOOOO EXCITED!!!!

I mean, weeks up until this day, when we would discuss what was coming and count how many weeks/days it would be until her first day of school, she would literally just giggle.  She couldn't keep it in.  She was just so darn excited and the thought of it would bring the biggest smile and the sweetest giggle. How can I not get excited about that?!  

I can't wait to go pick her up in just one short hour and give her a big squeeze as she tells me all about her incredible day! Or, at least, I'm hoping she will tell me all about her incredible day... I hope I don't just get an, "It was good." But, knowing Selah, there will be lots of talking (on her end) and lots of listening (on me and Owen's end). I can't wait!! 

I'm not even gonna lie, I am not one bit sad about this decision (yet) to put her in PreK.  Sure, I miss her during the morning, but it's only been one morning and Owen and I kept plenty busy, believe you me!  I know I am -supposed- to be sad and a big weepy mess, but I'm really just not, and I won't pretend to be.  I don't think that makes me a bad mother... I don't think.

And, if you are a big weepy mess, that doesn't make you a bad mother either. Just gotta make that clear :)

Like I said, it's only been one day, so I'm sure there will be days I just want to keep her home and keep her all to myself, but today, I'm full of joy and excitement.  She is going to learn so much, she is going to make new friends, she will (hopefully, if we are doing our job right) be a blessing in that classroom and school to her teachers and friends, there is just so much for her to discover in that small, safe, loving environment.  And so no, I don't feel one ounce of sadness this morning.  Because, look at this kid... she's beaming! She's got little wings to spread, and I can't wait to be a witness to it all!


This happened this morning.
I walked out of the bathroom after cleaning a
diaper, and saw this, for the first time ever,
normally I walk out to some sort of chaos.
But today they both decided to relax on the couch
with a good book while listening to classical music
being emitted from Owen's monkey he sleeps with...
too precious! Perfect start to our morning!


Got some fun answers to interview questions this morning...
I don't know how I feel that she wants to be "mommy"
when she grows up haha I guess I make this gig look
pretty fun?  But my hope is she desires
to be whatever God wants her to be...and that she
grows to be like Jesus, but I'll take the compliment :) 


My big girl.

I'm also super elated about the extra one-on-one time I will get with Owen.

Yes! This is good...very good!!

Now, off to pick up the little princess!! Yippy!!!  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment